Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wednesday Homework

SORRY!  I "spaced out" yesterday and forgot to post the homework.  Maybe I am getting senile!  But no excuses.

I should have written, "Great presentation by Jason!"  It was fascinating!  In fact, I would have written that had I remembered.  Even though I am to write a post every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, I forgot.  Again, my apologies.

But I didn't forget today to congratulate Paolo on one of the most thorough and entertaining presentations that I can recall.  If I ever become rich, I'm going to spend a year or two traveling in Italy and soak up the amazing culture.  And probably come back weighing 10 kg more after eating all the amazing food.

This week, we're studying Unit 3 dealing with subject verb agreement.  Yesterday we did Exercise 1 based on Focus point 1, and today, because we covered Focus points 2 and 3, we'll do Exercise 3 & 4 on pages 43-44 and Exercise 5 on page 45.

I could say that on page 43, we have to do Exercise 1 together with/along with/as well as Exercise 2.
Or I could say that both Exercise 3 and Exercise 4 are due tomorrow, as well as Exercise 5!

Tomorrow, we're going to talk about count and noncount (uncountable, mass, etc.) nouns.  They're important in subject verb agreement because noncoun nouns are usually treated as singular. 

For example: "The information is..." (never "informations are)., etc.  There is a list on page 46, but if you need to review this topic, follow this link at PurdueHere is a site which includes a list of most common noncount nouns. 

And we'll continue our discussion of the fun topic of diseases!  Enjoy the rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment